The Shift Supervisor is required to manage the Shift teams, support management of the Shift Teams and be the point of escalation for the onsite CBRE team for any Shift related items on site while also being the main point of contact for the Client’s Electrical & Mechanical Engineer (EE&ME). The Shift Supervisor will have overall responsibility for all Shift related aspects including staff development, correct execution of procedures for the Data Centre and overall Shift management. The Shift Supervisor will report to the Critical Environment Manager (CEM) but will work very closely with the operations team Technical Supervisor in Mechanical (TSM), Technical Supervisor Electrical (TSE) & Technical Planning Manager (TPM).
Summarised below are the main tasks which would fall within the remit of the Shift Supervisor.
- Make sure you and the Shift teams are fully familiar with site escalation procedures and Clients procedures. Develop and monitor trainings for this.
- Monitor and manage the development of site-specific procedures creation including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, DSP’s and their execution. Provide specific schedules for these items and adjust when needed depending on the clients wish.
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc.).
- Ensure that the shift calendar is up to date on a daily basis. Provide and discuss details with all relevant parties who rely on the CE planning. Adhere to the local rules and regulations.
- Adhere to and drive the CE Shift teams to achieve acceptable scores on the client’s scorecard.
- Be a point of contact for the CE Shift team if and when the shift team requires assistance in ensuring that the FOC is monitored and manned at all times and that EPMS, BMS, and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner.
- Make sure that shift teams are always audit ready and closely monitor and train the team and their progress. Conduct monthly audits to assure Shift teams are fully compliant with CBRE and client audits.
- Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with internal staff, the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on data centre systems.
- Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with the Shift teams.
- Make sure that shift teams are always covered with enough knowledge and CET levels, track and monitor certifications and appointments for the shift teams. Control and monitor expiration dates and make sure trainings are quoted, approved and scheduled in time.
- Work closely with the teams to train and develop programs for their benefit and career paths.
- Control and monitor all certification of your team including CBRE appointments.
- Take ownership of interviewing/recruiting and hiring new employees.
- Manage Shift team’s trough the CE Shift Leads.
- Make sure Appraisals are completed within the given timeframe and within the constraints of the contract and CBRE policies.
- Organize and chair CE Shift (Lead) meetings on a regular basis.
- Continue to develop technical knowledge of any add-ons to the facility or additional builds that fall under the operations team.
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Make sure CE Shift teams report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments (Including Dynamic) are used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of the CBRE uniform at all times and appropriate PPE as required including Arc Flash clothing.
- Carry out Toolbox talks once a week with the team.
- Ensure Shift teams adhere and use the proper LOTO procedures and applicable permits when needed.