As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for developing and closing new business opportunities that are sold at a price to deliver the customers requirements without compromising our quality service within target market sectors.
- To negotiate and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets within the target markets agreed by the Business Development Director and Divisional Managing Director
- To develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients. Maintain excellent relationships and after sales support to build mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy
- To identify and build a long term active pipeline, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities
- Use innovative means to develop new sources of profitable business
- Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with Company standards.
- Generate tenders and relevant document preparation, using the specialist support functions (procurement, HR, QHS etc) as well as local managers and the Business Development Managers.
- Raise the company and business profile by representing CBRE at industry events, high level networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times.
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
- Ensure that the Business Unit Leader is fully aware of all activities.
- Liaise regularly with the Sales Director to ensure they are fully updated on all sales activities and potential new business opportunities. Ensure that specialist functions e.g. HR, QHS and Commercial are advised of any new potential business to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that appropriate sign-offs are adhered to when considering new business opportunities.
- Maintain records and relevant contract documentation in the support of tenders and re-bids for the Business.
- Deal promptly and professionally with all pre-qualifications.
- Support re-bids and variations for existing clients.